These six principles are shaped by values about childhood, early development and the role of families and communities.
- Early childhood development sets the foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour and health.
- Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the ability of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children.
- Respect for diversity, equity and inclusion are prerequisites for hounouring children's rights, optimal development and learning.
- A planned curriclulum supports early learning.
- Play is a means to early learning that capitilizes on children's natural curiousity and exuberance.
- Knowledgeable, responsive early childhood professionals are essential.