A Child First Resource Consultants help families with children 0-12yrs., who are facing challenges in their development. This free service will work with your family to help your child reach their full potential while attending a child care program or an Ontario Early Years Centre.
Parents and referrals are welcome. A Child First Beliefs......
- Families know their children best
- A child is a child first, despite individual differences
- All children are unique and differ in cultural, intellectual, physical, emotional, and communicative development
- A child has a right to participate in all childhood activities with his/her peers. A Child First will....
- Work with families and service providers to meet the goals for your child
- Assist in you child's current development through observation, screening, consultation and programming suggestions
- Support child care programs to provide an inclusive environment which meets your child's needs
- Support transition to the school system for children entering school *Offer opportunities for families to meet other families with children who have special needs
- Offer workshops for siblings of children with special needs
- Provide information and resources including workshops
This program is offered in partnership with Community Living Tillsonburg and Good Beginnings Day Nursery Inc.
Tillsonburg Phone Number: (519) 842-9008 Extension 254
Woodstock Phone Number: (519) 421-0687 Extension 22